If you are experiencing disconnections or performance issues (lag) or other error messages when connecting or playing online modes in 2K titles, please refer to the connection troubleshooting below:
NOTE: If you are experiencing an "EFEAB30C" or "4B538E50" error code which prevents you from accessing any or all NBA 2K online features, please refer to this article: https://support.2k.com/hc/articles/115013162968-Error-message-EFEAB30C-or-4B538E50
- Verify that other devices on your network can connect to the internet.
- (Xbox and PlayStation only) Make sure that your console is connected to your router directly using an Ethernet cable. Wireless signals (Wi-Fi) can often experience interference and the signal quality can drop over time.
- Perform a network connection test for your console. For reference, here is a list of platform-specific troubleshooting guides:
- Xbox 360: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/connectivity-solutions
- Xbox One: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-settings
- Disconnect your router and modem for 60 seconds from the power outlet, then reconnect them to the outlet.
NOTE: It may take a few minutes for your internet connection to be restored while the modem fetches all of its information from your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Your connection strength can be affected by how busy your network is. If you’re on a college campus or a home network that makes heavy usage of streaming services (Netflix, Twitch, etc.), downloading large files over the internet or playing other online video games, then you are more at risk of experiencing disconnection issues. If that’s the case, try playing online when fewer people are using the internet.
- Certain features on your router can also impact performances. Here are a few that you can try disabling (or enabling):
- NOTE: If modifying these settings makes no difference on your game performance, then it is recommended to return them to their default settings.
- Dynamic Packet Filtering / Stateful Inspection
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- UPnP (Universal Plug and Play)
- Some routers have specialized settings for gaming. You can look at your router’s manual for more information.
- (Xbox and PlayStation only) You can also try connecting your console directly to the modem instead of the router. Here’s how:
WARNING: Other devices on your network will not be able to connect to the internet during this test.
- NOTE: The steps below must be followed in order to ensure proper connectivity.
- Disconnect your router and modem from the power outlet.
- Disconnect your router from the modem.
- Wait 5 to 10 minutes.
- Connect your modem to the power outlet.
- Connect your console to your modem directly via an Ethernet cable.
- Play NBA 2K and see if you’ll experience any connection issues.
- To undo this setup:
- Disconnect the modem from the power outlet.
- Disconnect your console from the modem.
- Wait 5 to 10 minutes.
- Connect your router and modem to the power outlet and connect the router to the modem.
- Don’t forget to re-connect your console to your router.
- Test the devices on your network to make sure that they can access the internet.
If you have followed our entire article and continue to experience some disconnections, lag or error messages, then send us a support ticket by clicking "Submit a request" in the top right corner of this page or by clicking here and include the following information:
- Your Region (State/Region/Province, Country)
- The name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- A screenshot of the error message that you receive? Make sure that the message is readable in the screenshot.
- A screenshot of your SpeedTest’s results: http://speedtest.net/
- Finally, a screenshot of WhatsMyIP’s results : whatsmyip.org
With all this information, one of our agents will investigate and see what we can do to assist you!