If you've opened a support ticket with us, there's a chance we may ask you for video documentation of the issue you're encountering.
If you've never done this before, this post is here to give you some guidance. There are a couple of different ways you can capture and share this footage with us.
NOTE: In order for submitted footage to be acceptable, please ensure the video contains both the issue in your support ticket and your username (your username has to be legible and on display the whole time). Additionally, please make sure you follow any other instructions from the email asking for video footage.
- Using your phone is often the simplest solution, as most smartphones have built-in video recording and sharing features.
- The PlayStation 4 console has built-in video and photo sharing, and Sony has a full guide on how to take advantage of this feature.
- If you're playing on the Xbox One, you'll have to use Upload Studio to capture and share your video. Microsoft has a full walkthrough on how to use Upload Studio if you have any questions.
- While there isn't built-in video capture software on Windows, there is a variety of software out there which will allow you to both record and share footage from your desktop. If you don't have any installed, the easiest method of getting us video might be with your phone.
- If you are using OS X on your Mac, Apple's Quicktime software will allow you to capture and share video. Apple has a guide on how to do this.
There are a couple of different ways you can share the video we need.
- This is the most direct way to get your footage to us. All you need to do is respond to the email we sent you and attach the video. It'll automatically be added to the ticket and we'll be able to view it from there.
- NOTE: This may or may not be possible for you, depending on how large an attachment your email provider will allow you to include in a message. Additionally, if you're sending your email via mobile phone, standard mobile data rates may apply.
Directly Adding to Support Ticket:
- If you'd prefer to directly add video to your support ticket, there are a few different methods.
- When you initially file your help request, there's an option at the bottom of the screen to add an attachment. Just click on the "Add File" text to do so.
- In every email you receive from 2K Support, there's a link to your ticket (following this text: "If you want to review the status of this request and/or add additional comments, simply follow the link below. You may also respond directly to this email; your comments will be added to the ticket"). If you go to that link, click on the support ticket and then the "Add File" link at the bottom of the screen.
Uploading to Video Site:
- Uploading your video to a video-sharing site will also work for us! All we ask is that you make your video publicly viewable (if you want to keep everyone from viewing it, feel free to make the video unlisted; as long as you provide us with the link, we can still check it out) and keep it online the entire time we work with you to solve your issue. If you've never used a sharing site before, here are some guides: